Day 1 (evening only) - From 5:30pm
Cooks on Fire Welcome Barbeque
- featuring competitors from the first season of the hit TVNZ1 show
National Boning Competition Finals
Day 2 - From 8:00am
- Welcome and Introduction - Simon Limmer, Chief Executive
Session 2 - Market Insights and Customer Stories
- Global Insights with Kantar - Dan Robertson-Jones
- Keynote: International Chef & Restauranteur Peter Gordon
- Sustainability Panel: iconic brands discuss the challenges and opportunities that all businesses are facing into. Facilitated by Chief Sustainability & Risk Officer Kate Beddoe
Session 3 - Silver Fern Farms’ Strategy and Investment
- Enduring Value
- New Forms of Value - Nicola Johnston, General Manager - Growth, & Justin Lawrence, Group Manager Fifth Quarter
- International Customer Presentation
Session 4 - On-Farm Initiatives, Investment and Technology
- Farm Mapping - Matt Lythe, MD Lynker Analytics, Greg McSkimming, Agribusiness Strategic Solutions Manager, & Vinnie Booiman, Agribusiness Programme Manager
- Silver Fern Farmers on the couch with Ryan Macarthur, On-Farm Sustainability Manager, and Imogen Brankin, Livestock Graduate
- Digital Tools - Dan Boulton, GM Supply Chain
- Dairy Beef Project - Vinnie Booiman, Agribusiness Programme Manager
Session 5 - Breakout Workshops
Mapping Your Farm For the Future: Join Silver Fern Farms and Lynker Analytics to understand how carbon mapping works, the benefits to you on farm, the opportunities in market, and learn how these digital tools will help you with Land Environment Planning.
Future Proofing Your Farm through NZFAP Plus: A Deep Dive into the requirements of NZFAP Plus - what to expect and how Silver Fern Farms will support you through the journey, plus the premiums and market opportunities that this programme is helping to create.
The World Needs Innovation: Join our customer innovation team as they share how new products are developed, plus a glimpse at some exciting new developments.
Understanding Consumer Insights: Join Silver Fern Farms’ Take a deep dive into the mind of the consumer with Silver Fern Farms’ own Global Insights team. Develop a deep understanding of key consumer trends, preferences, and behaviors, as well as actionable strategies for leveraging these insights to create more compelling products, marketing campaigns, and customer experiences.
The Fifth Quarter: From pet food to wearables to cosmetics, this is a significant growth area for Silver Fern Farms. Our Fifth Quarter team have some transformative plans to share, plus interesting insights about all the animal products that aren’t meat.
- Economics Panel: Rt Hon. Sir Bill English, Cameron Bagrie, facilitated by Madison Reidy
- Co-op Update - Clark Taylor, Silver Fern Farms Co-operative
- Closing Remarks - Simon Limmer, Chief Exective
Day 2 (evening) - From 6:15pm
- 75th Anniversary Gala Dinner
- Plate to Pasture Supplier Awards
- Youth Scholarships
Day 3 (Optional) - Masterclasses and tours
Farm Tour: Silverstream Charolais – Brent & Anna Fisher
The Silverstream Charolais Stud operation is situated 20 minutes from Christchurch, and is widely recognised as a leading provider of Charolais genetics.
Silverstream Charolais was established back in 1968 by Bruce and Maureen Fisher, and is now owned by Brent and Anna Fisher. The Silverstream bloodlines trace back to the Brookfield Charolais herd.
Today the Silverstream herd consists of 300 registered Charolais cows and 70 Hereford registered cows across two properties, and they also run 500 finishing steers and heifers, and 8000 lamb.
The flat block is 510ha and sits about 2 metres above sea level. During the summer months 440ha is irrigated by a centre pivot and roto-rainer irrigators. The hill block sits only 4km from the boundary of the flat property. This block is 540ha and rises to 350 metres above sea level.
Silverstream Charolais has been GHG Sequestration-mapped with Silver Fern Farms, and is working towards NZFAP Plus certification.
Butchery Masterclass: Whether you love hunting or home-kill, our experienced butchers will guide you through the entire process. Unlock the secrets of expert butchery with Silver Fern Farms' own master butchers in this interactive masterclass. You’ll learn to prepare a carcass, walk through the different cuts, and perfect your knife skills.
BBQ Masterclass with NZ BBQ champion Dean Davis. Having achieved number one in New Zealand, and representing the land of the long white cloud at the Steak Cookoff World Champs in Texas last year, local Cantabrian Dean Davis returns this year to showcase his skills, tips and tricks on how to cook to perfection.
Cooking Masterclass: A World of Flavour. Join Cooks on Fire judge and fabulous foodie Nici Wickes as she steps through her favourite global cuisines in a celebration of flavour. Nici will delight her audience with entertaining anecdotes and more hot tips than you can shake a spatula at.
Processing Site Tour: Silver Fern Farms Pareora. Don't miss this great opportunity to see our Pareora processing site in action. See firsthand the investment into plants to streamline and futureproof our capability.